AFAS will meet with you to conduct an in-depth interview identifying your current administrative processes related to the ACA Employer Mandate. Your consultant will prepare a draft “Decision Summary” documenting your current approach.
During this meeting, we will review your existing ACA policies and procedures, suggest adjustments to those processes as necessary, and work with you to create an action plan to address your strategic goals.
The scope of this Statement of Work assumes a three hour, in-person working session between you and AFAS to execute these services. This meeting will take place at a mutually agreeable time and place. During the working session, you and your consultant will discuss your current processes with regard to the following:
- Identification of full-time, part-time, variable hour, and seasonal employees
- Counting hours of service, including stipend pay, and application of equivalency method
- Choice of measurement method
- Selection of standard and initial measurement periods
- Application of employment break period and rehire rules
- Calculation of 4980H(a) “substantially all” threshold (95%)
- Documentation of decisions on offering coverage to full-time employees
- Current contribution structure as it relates to the 4980H(b) affordability penalty, including flex credits, opt out or cash in lieu policies
- Annual Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reporting preparations
- Preparation of draft “Decision Summary” from information provided during your in-person working session.
- Follow up phone call to review your “Decision Summary” and provide recommendations.
- Mid-year follow-up meeting to review plan design, eligibility, and contribution structure in light of findings and recommendation from working session.