Complying with the requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is complex, time-consuming, and often confusing. This includes the ACA Tracking and Reporting responsibilities, which add to your workload.
ACA Tracking Responsibilities
Large employers (with 50+ full-time equivalent employees) that fail to offer adequate and affordable coverage to substantially all full-time employees could trigger an ACA Employer Mandate Penalty. This requires you to know who is deemed to be a full-time employee as defined by the ACA, and how many of them are eligible for coverage during any given month.
ACA Reporting Responsibilities
These same employers also have reporting requirements to provide information to employees and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding employee access to Minimal Essential Coverage (MEC) under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 6055 and information of an offer of adequate and affordable coverage under IRC Section 6056, with respect to full-time employees as defined by the ACA.
Technology and Personalized Consulting Help Provide You with Peace of Mind
AF Comply is a service offered through American Fidelity Administrative Services (AFAS) that combines tracking and reporting software with a dedicated ACA Compliance Support Team.
AFAS will provide:
- Initial session with ACA Consultant to review ACA requirements and your specific needs;
- Training and ongoing support on the AF Comply system;
- Expert guidance tailored to the unique needs of the [education] workplace;
- Assistance and support in understanding data needs and retrieving data for various reporting and filings; and
- Hands-on support year round to assist with any questions you may have.