AFAS will help determine what is driving your costs from year to year, provide analyses to support our findings, and offer recommendations to manage costs while maintaining a high-quality program of benefits for employees.
Our consultants will review available plan information, renewal documents, plan designs, employee contribution structures, and plan documents, and provide strategies to manage costs, maintain compliance, and mitigate risk of employer penalties.
- Review available plan or trust reports on plan performance (utilization, cost of service, etc.).
- Analysis of past cost increases.
- Create budget projections for next year.
- Collect plan documents and vendor contracts.
- Provide semi-annual updates on ACA regulations and upcoming issues.
- Review plan design, plan costs, enrollment patterns (migration) and any collective bargaining issues.
- Provide insights and considerations for change to manage risks and reduce costs in short- and long-term.
- Address strategies to influence health and welfare plans and bargaining groups.
- Discussion of market trends (survey data, wellness, etc.).
- A two-hour Strategy Session
- Findings from review of plan documents and utilization experience.
- Budget projections.
- Semi-annual updates on ACA regulations and access to American Fidelity Assurance Company VIP emails.
- Considerations for current and future benefit strategy.